Come for a visit
All of our regular, weekly meetings are open to the public. Check the calendar for our next meeting, and come join us!
When you arrive to your first CAP meeting, what should you do? How should you prepare?
First off, how should you prepare for your first CAP meeting?
- Come dressed in a comfortable, but nice attire. Think church/business casual. Adjust to the weather: We know it gets hot, so please just dress comfortably.
- Bring QUESTIONS! Ask things about the program and the members experiences! Each member of CAP will welcome you openly! Here, we are basically a big family supporting each other.
- Bring something to take notes with. There will be important information for you! We suggest you take notes to help remember!
- Bring yourself of course!
When you arrive:
- Find the nearest Cadet or Senior Member and explain that this is your first meeting, and you are seeking more information. They will direct you to the proper authorities to help your first exploration of Civil Air Patrol!
- Once you have been directed to the proper authority, they will explain Civil Air Patrol, and how you can join if you choose to do so. If you are an aspiring cadet who is interested, feel free to join the rest of the cadets in their nightly duties and activities. Get a feel for what we do on a weekly basis!