On your person
- Complete BDU uniform (T)
- BDU cap (T)
- The BDU cap may be replaced by a hard hat or a bright colored cap based on mission needs.
- Notepad (T)
- Pencil (T)
- All CAP Identification:
- Membership card (T)
- First Aid card (T)
- 101 Card
- 76 Card
- Watch (T)
- Vest, reflective, yellow (T)
- Comb or brush (T) – optional, carry if needed
- Pocket knife or multi-tool (T)
- Multi-tool should have can opener.
Swiss Army, Leatherman, or Gerber Tools are recommended.
- Handkerchief or tissues
- Ground Team Member’s Handbook
- Signal mirror
24 hour pack should be preferably red or orange. Webbed gear, or other SAR/Survival Vest (T) acceptable.
- First Aid Kit: - stored in zip-lock bag or other waterproof container, recommended that it consists of the following:
- Any personal medication (T)
- your team leader should know what you have and where you carry it.
- 2 Antiseptic cleansing pads
- Antiseptic ointment
- 6 Band-Aids, various sizes
- Moleskin, 2” X 4”
- Roller bandage
- 2 Safety pins, large
- 4 gauze pads
- 1 Triangular Bandage
- Tape, first aid
- Rubber surgical gloves
- Survival Kit, stored in zip-lock bag or other waterproof container, consisting of:
- 1 Chemical Light Stick, Green (T)
- 12 wooden, waterproofed matches (T)
- Match container, waterproof, with striking surface
- 50’ of nylon line (paracord or similar line).
- Duct tape, 5-10 feet
- does not need to be a whole roll.
- Leaf bag, large
- SAR Equipment stored in zip-lock bags, consisting of:
- Change of socks (T)
- Spare flashlight (penlight will do) (T)
- Tissue Paper (T)
- Work Gloves, leather (T)
- Change for phone calls,
- or cellular phone (T)
- to call mission base
- Flagging Tape, 1 roll
- Flashlight (with red or blue lens),
- spare bulb
- spare batteries
- Insect repellent
- Lip balm, with sunscreen.
- Sunscreen lotion
- Interviewing Form(s), blank
- 4 Moist Towelettes, clean, in foil wrapper
- 2 meals (T)
- Poncho, (T)
- Shelter Material, preferably 8’ X 10’
- spare military poncho meets the need
- Coat for current weather,
- if necessary (in pack if not wearing it)(T)
- Canteen(s) to carry 2 quarts of water
- At least one quart of water must be carried by all personnel)(T)
- Compass: lensatic or orienteering (orienteering preferred)
- Compass Pouch, containing.
- Compass should have a “glow in the dark” dial.
A backpack (preferably with frame) should contain all that is in the 24 hour pack, with the addition of the following:
- Tent (T)
- optional, if you are sharing a tent with someone else who is carrying it)
- Sleeping Bag or Bedroll appropriate to climate (T)
- Bag, waterproof (T):
- Spare uniform,
- Underwear and socks, 3 changes (T)
- 5 meals (T)
- Toilet Kit, that should contain:
- Toothbrush and paste (T)
- Shaving Kit (if you shave) (T)
- Deodorant (T)
- Washcloth and soap (T)
- Towel (T)
- Sleeping pad, foam or inflatable.
- Spare rank and CAP cutouts (for cadets)
- 2 Leaf Bags, large
- Spare boot laces.
- Kit, sewing, with spare buttons.
- Shoe Shine Kit
- Rainwear, durable
- Webbing, nylon, 1” wide, 20’ long.
- Handheld FM Transceiver
- (highly recommended for Ground Team Leaders)
- Water Purification Tablets
- Eye Protection (highly recommended)
- Entrenching Tool (highly recommended for base gear)